Saturday 8 January 2011

The Mongol Gallery - Day One.

Viki King recommends that on the first day, we write the first ten pages. This means we need to get from the page one image, through the Page 3 idea to the statement at the end of page ten.

In the case of The Mongol Gallery that means ...

Page 1: Peter and a friend are drinking tea in the Mongol Gallery. Through the window we see Church Street on an overcast Sunday afternoon. Daniel runs away from a gang of skinheads before bursting through the door of the Gallery.
Page 3: Peter watches as Nick de Musca says to Daniel, "I don't buy souls any more, but I'm sure we can come to some arrangement"
Page 10: "Of course I know what you want, Peter", says de Musca, "You want a fame of your own that's nothing to do with your grandfather".

I have two hours, starting now. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment